Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Day 33: Going Home (Tuesday)

Tuesday was travel day. Based on the events of the day, I've made some decisions about how I fly from now on: I will spend the extra money if it means a straight shot home! We drove to Dublin from Kildare, dropped off the rental car, and then I got on my plane. I flew from Dublin to Shannon, deplaned in Shannon, went through US customs in Shannon (???), sat in their airport for a while, got back on the same plane, flew to Newark, went through a shortened line at customs there, sat in their airport a while (at least I was finally on US soil!), and finally flew to Atlanta where Mom, Dad, and Norrie were there to meet me! (yay for my family!) When I arrived at my apartment, my friends Julie and Chester met me there with groceries and hugs (you guys are awesome!).

Now that I'm back, I'm going to post a final blog to reflect on my adventure (it'll be Day 34), but until I get that done, I'll leave you with a few more pictures of Ireland.

St. Patrick (located in St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin) / The River Liffey in Dublin / Molly Malone (wheeling her wheelbarrow, through streets broad and narrow, crying 'cockles and mussels alive, alive-o!')

Date: 31 July, 2007
Location: Dublin, Shannon, Newark, Atlanta, Marietta!
Highlights:
- Being HOME!
- seeing friends and family
- figuring out Sudoku puzzles with the guy in the seat next to me on the plane (we were on the runway for about 30 minutes before takeoff)
- sleeping in my own bed
Thought of the day: It's good to be home.